Status on Covid-19 impact on AE Partner
(Updated September 10, 2021)
Fortunately, AE Partner’s main operation in Latvia is not affected by the spread of the Corona virus.
To prevent any further risks of infections, reception of guests, and visits to AE Partner starting from Monday, June 15, 2020, is organized as follows:
1. AE Partner’s employees in Denmark have returned to the office, still attending external meetings via MS Teams / Skype.
2. To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 infection, all guests are required to complete a Form for Visitors at the company before arrival. The AE Partner representative who organizes the guest’s visit in the AE Partner is responsible for sending the form. If any information fields on the form are completed as “positive,” the guest will not be confirmed for a visit but will be asked to submit analyzes. After receiving the results of the analysis, a response will be given to approve or reject the visit.
Such precautionary measures apply to both Latvian and foreign guests.
If all fields are filled out as “negative,” the guest’s visit will be confirmed without analysis.
Make sure that you have received and filled in this form. Please send it to Your AE Partner contact person.
3. Visitors entering Latvia from the “very high-risk”, “high-risk” and “low” the public health threat countries must seek information on traveling requirements at Disease Prevention Control Center four detailed information – https://www.spkc.gov.lv/lv/media/15575/download
Guests from the countries on the list will be required to report negative COVID-19 test results received no earlier than one day before arrival to AE Partner. After abided 10 days of isolation in Latvia.
4. Suppliers are not allowed on business premises. Also, the distance must be respected when contacting and accepting the product.
All measures will be applicable for the next period but can be extended if the situation will not improve.
(Updated June 15, 2020)
Fortunately, AE Partner’s main operation in Latvia is not affected by the spread of the Coronavirus.
Therefore, it’s functioning as usual, and we are producing all incoming orders as before.
As for our suppliers, we are monitoring the situation daily and placing extra orders on items where lead time has been affected. So far, no major disruptions are seen.
1. Travel ban for visitors to Latvia – this applies to AE Partner’s employees, suppliers, and customers. If required, any urgent tests should be held in the Danish office in Ry.
Exception – Lithuania and Estonian residents. All customer representatives who arrive at the AE Partner from Estonia or Lithuania will be required to report negative COVID-19 test results received no earlier than one day before arrival for testing.
2. AE Partner’s employees in Denmark have returned to office, still attending external meetings via MS Teams / Skype.
All measures will be applicable for the next period of time but can be extended if the situation will not improve.
(Updated March 12, 2020)
Fortunately, AE Partner’s main operation in Latvia is so far not affected by the spread of the Coronavirus, as very few and so far, only imported cases are registered in the country.
Therefore, it’s functioning as usual, and we can produce all incoming orders as before.
As for our suppliers, we are daily monitoring the situation and have placed extra orders on items where lead time has been affected. So far, no major disruptions are seen.
But given the recent increase in infections rates in Denmark, the measures announced yesterday by the Danish government and the low infection rate in Latvia we have decided to introduce the following interim measures:
1. Travel ban for visitors to Latvia – this applies to AE Partner’s employees, suppliers, and customers. If required, any urgent tests should be held in the Danish office in Ry
2. AE Partner’s employees in Denmark, as far as possible, work from home, attend internal & external meetings via MS Teams / Skype.
3. We will keep the Danish office open and are still able to both send and receive goods
The stated measures will be applicable for the next two weeks but can be extended if the situation will not improve.
AE Partner Code of conduct during the COVID-19 pandemic
The global Covid-19 pandemic was announced on the 11th of March 2020 by Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organization, situation cause – an infectious illness created by coronavirus spreading across the world. Several restrictions and an emergency state announced in multiple countries, including Latvia, which underwent the emergency state on the 13th of March 2020.
On the 13th of March, AE Partner held the first emergency meeting stating the range of special conditions and behaviors to maintain in AE Partner during the pandemic state to mitigate risks that might endanger and paralyze functionality of the organization.
Internal restrictions in organization
The prohibition of internal movement between facilities announced to minimize human interpersonal contact from separate buildings. Such a decision made to slow down the process of possible contamination with the virus if such an occasion took place.
The employees ware recommended and provided with the possibility to work from home offices, when possible, to reduce the number of people in company facilities and the intensity of interpersonal interactions.
Any training processes arranged by AE Partner academy as well as any externally organized and provided face to face seminaries and studies were canceled during the emergency state.
Special conditions were admitted for all merchants’ representatives to wear face masks and gloves and, if possible, not to enter AE Partner building during deliveries.
Internal behaviors and routines
Monitoring the body temperature of employees daily. Every employee whose temperature reaches above 37oC will be sent home for a full recovery, contact their family doctor and follow the doctor’s further instructions for maintaining the best resistance levels of immunity against the Covid-19 infection.
On any suspicion of being in contact with Covid-19 infected person, an employee requested to reconvene for 14 days of self-distancing and staying at home.
If possessing characteristic symptoms while regularly attending work, the employee is requested for self-isolation and Covid-19 analysis, which are paid by the employer.
If the results of such a person’s analysis are negative, the employee can return to work immediately.
If the result of the analysis of such person is positive, the organization immediately is getting in contact with the responsible institution- SKPC (Sickness Control and Prevention Center) for further guidance of professional medical specialists – if Latvia. At the same time, with consultations with the SPKC, top management of the organization is deciding if entire personnel of the according facility shall be sent for self-isolation and medically examined by having the Covid-19 analysis.
Disinfection of door handles, work tools, and work surfaces of frequent use, is performed regularly.
Distancing of 2 m from the other persons is suggested and practiced whenever possible.
Propper and regular hand wash and disinfection are suggested and informed around the organization pacing the disinfector liquids by every entrance into all facilities.
If it is necessary to visit another company’s facility, the employee must wear a face mask and gloves provided by the company.
* To reduce the number of gatherings, adopted modified regulation as follows:
- Divided time of changing room accessibility in two flows, to have a better opportunity for distancing.
- Introduced changes in lunch breaks in all facilities.
- Divided coffee breaks in two flows in all facilities.
Behavior and routine admitted to the Sales team
Due to regular traveling and interpersonal contacts and per holding the highest risk of infection, due to frequent traveling and interpersonal communications, the following routine during the pandemic embraced:
- Avoid any unnecessary interpersonal contact.
- Participate or organize no larger meeting groups than ten persons at the time.
- All minor meetings held on digital platforms.
- Sales meetings in person allowed only with new customers. All the others handled via IT platforms.
- Maintaining close attention to secure self-safety. Taking responsible decisions and the right prioritization.
- Always follow the guidelines of the state government.
Business trips inside the country
Any business trips inside the country must be canceled and carefully evaluated if necessary, until the period of announced prohibitions and restrictions within the country is in force. Resuming business travels within the state after cancelation or softening of the bans and restrictions.
We are maintaining the right prioritization and assessment of the necessity of the trip.
Abroad business trips
The organization has prohibited any business travel outside the country since the beginning of March 2020. Such a state of the decision will last till international border opening in combination with the organization’s internal decision of resuming the business traveling.
Travel for the Sales team
After reopening the borders, sales managers will be entitled to assess the necessity and importance of travel.
CSO of AE Partner must confirm every trip abroad.
During the trip abroad, sales representatives must follow the safety guidelines of the visited country and maintain proper self-safety.
Must follow carefully on decisions and announcements of every destination country and its government concerning regulations and restrictions regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
Foreign visitors in AE Partner
The organization has prohibited any international visitors from customers, suppliers, or structures of its own organization from outside the country since the beginning of March 2020. Such a state of the decision will last until international border opening in combination with the internal resolution of the organization to allow arrivals of foreign visitors.
During the emergency state or further decision of an organization’s top management, the foreign visitors must provide evidence of a negative Covid-19 test performed not earlier than a day before the arrival. The host from AE Partner is responsible prior to confirming the audience of visitors to enable the execution of the regulation norm.
Local visitors in AE Partner
Local visitors are allowed for meetings in conference rooms with restricted access to the production floor, which is granted only by a necessity of production processes.
During the emergency state or further decision of the organization’s top management, the visitors must fill out and submit a checklist to eliminate/mitigate the possible risk of employee infection. The host of AE Partner is responsible for enabling the execution of the regulation norm prior to confirm or decline the visit.
*Specifically, in Liepaja.